Air Conditioning Repair Dothantoday.com
AC Repair – Dothan Al
Are you searching for Air Conditioning repair around Dothan? Do you need regular AC service or emergency AC services for your home or business? Well Dothantoday.com is working to bring you the top reviews for the top rated HVAC related companies in the area. We have prepared a tip sheet for things to check before you call a repair company and also a list of currently available companies listed in the Google Maps directory.
We know that summer is hot and that we need our air conditioner to work in top shape nearly 8 months out of the year in Dothan, South Alabama and North Florida. Its crazy hot most of the summer and well into the fall and many of us don’t always take the time to go down a checklist of things to do to make certain that the units work properly so here are a few tips for maintenance and upkeep before the summer heat.
Test Air conditioner early – Maybe the air isn’t blowing cool? You could have a leak in the refrigerant system. You would actually need a licensed tech to refill that but it always helps to check a few other things before you call. For instance:
The air isn’t cool
- Check the air filter – if it is dirty then replace the filter or clean the filter to improve the air flow.
- Clear obstructions from the outside compressor – If there is grass or weeds growing in front of the unit or leaves surrounding it then clean the debris away so that you can improve air flow to the coils.
- Make sure the fan is blowing – The outside unit has a fan that removes the hot air from the coils where the heat has been exchanged from the inside and pumped out. If this fan isn’t running then the heat isn’t being removed but circulated instead
The Air isn’t blowing
- The thermostat should be set on “cool.”
- A dirty air filter may block airflow. Change it.
- Make sure there’s power to the A/C by checking the switches to the outdoor compressor and the indoor air handler. Also check fuses and circuit breakers.
The A/C Is Cycling On and Off or Running Continuously
The most obvious explanation to either of these problems is that the A/C is wrongly sized. Consult a technician to see if adjustments can be made for better performance. Otherwise, do the following:
- Make sure an air register isn’t blowing directly on the thermostat.
- Change the air filter.
- Have the refrigerant checked.
There are a few more topics to cover but they actually should be handled by a licensed local pro. As a local site that is focused on promoting Dothan we will only list a few of the locals here. Give one of these guys a call and be sure to do your research first like checking reviews and references. We have no working relationship with any company here as of the publishing of this article.
|Bowman Heating & Air Conditioning||105 Dempsey Ct, Dothan, AL 36303||4|
|Frost Air & Refrigeration||2567 Ross Clark Cir, Dothan, AL 36301||aaronfrostdothan.com||3|
|Jimmerson Air Conditioning LLC||280 Wicksburg Rd, Newton, AL 36352||jimmersonair.com||4.9|
|Wagner Air Conditioning Services LLC||3310 Hartford Hwy, Dothan, AL 36305||wagnerair.com||4.3|
|slade’s Heating & Cooling||72 Fleetside Ct, Dothan, AL 36303||sladesheatingandcooling.com||5|